Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tea Party, Mosque, Palin

A friend asked me some questions, to which these are my answers.

I agree with Obama about the Ground Zero Mosque -- its builders have every right to build there, and its opponents have every Fist Amendment right to protest it.

I think our immigration laws are a joke -- they are even less enforced than our drug laws -- and it's immoral to have laws on the books you don't intend to enforce, or that you enforce only sporadically or selectively.

I think Sarah Palin is one of the most demonized people on the planet, and if you took an honest look at her, you'd agree she's a perfectly nice human being who has no business being President.

The Tea Party folks with whom I actually spend time are nothing like what's portrayed in the media -- I find them largely tolerant and extremely nice and pleasant. My alliance with the Tea Party is based on my belief that the greatest human happiness comes when people live under the just laws of an honest and limited government, and the Tea Party is the best hope we have of restraining the awesome power of the US Federal government.

No comments: