The rally is over. Hurrah. I had some bad moments when I was afraid nobody would show up except my wife, me, and my friend Richard. At five minutes to 1 p.m. we were the only ones in the park.
Luckily it was just a slow start. Street parking was very hard to find (I was surprised to discover) and that slowed most people down a bit. By 1:30 we had 26 people, and by about 2:15 we had 34 -- pretty decent turnout, and at the high end of the 20-to-30 people estimate that I pulled out of my ass.
We had two press people show up, one from Channel 4 (or 2?) TV news, and one from AM 860 radio news. If I have the energy I want to do some post-event publicity, maybe a press release, but mostly I need to focus on my job. Ah, to have time to devote to activism...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment