Thursday, June 17, 2010

NRA Sellout

Lars Larson wrote:
I'm a life member of the NRA...a fact I've always been proud of. But I'm not proud of the NRA's deal with the Devil (congressional democrats) to withdraw its opposition to the DISCLOSE act...which robs Americans and institutions like the NRA of political free speech. 
I replied:

Excellent point, Lars.

In reality, the NRA is using the power of government to handicap its rivals (GOA) and is becoming a client of Big Government -- seeking out special treatment for itself.

Starting now, the NRA will be subject to pressure by lawmakers who need only threaten their special status to get them to bend.

As soon as you accept special treatment -- for yourself, for your company, for your group -- as a gift from Big Government, you're making a pact with the devil, and you're the junior partner. Now you're going to defend Big Government in order to defend your special status. You become part of the problem.

The same thing happens with Regulatory Capture and all the other ways people use the power of government for their private enrichment.

-Tom

No comments: