Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Post Dorchester

Attended my first Dorchester - I didn't expect there were so many reasonable Republicans. I don't say "moderate" because that's code for "Republicans who will raise your taxes" - I didn't see any of those.

But the Taliban wing of the party were few in number and apparently keeping a low profile. (No open handling of snakes, etc.)

Saxton won the straw poll - no surprise - and Atkinson finished a strong second - big surprise. Mannix was spanked, but the nonrepresentative sample of the party present makes that less significant.

Best parts for me: meeting key conservative bloggers (hello, Sailor) and dancing with three generations of pretty women.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found that to be true also Tom.
I have been to three Dorchester gatherings and I was impressed with the format, the discussions and the speakers at each one. I found myself voting with the majority on most of the topics as I recall. On the other hand my candidate for teh straw poll got the same number of votes as Keiko that year also...one!