Friday, May 27, 2005

Foundations and Gov't Accountability

I will be the first person to tell you how cynical I am regarding liberal foundations and their potentially pernicious effects on civic life. Certainly, the news about how a handful of liberal foundations managed to foist "campaign-finance reform" on an unsuspecting and unwilling public has only sharpened my suspicions.

Now, it looks like I will be -- in some small way -- the beneficiary of liberal foundation dollars. I am a confirmed attendee of the Oregon Public Performance Measurement Association's inaugural meeting.

Apparently, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is paying for the meeting. I hope that means nice sandwiches.

Come to find out, the Sloan Foundation has an entire program dedicated to increasing and improving the measurement of municipal government results. Where oh where have they been all my life? And can I trust them?

At least I'll get fed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So many blogs and only 10 numbers to rate them. I'll have to give you a 8 because you have good content.

Free Access To More Information Aboutcomputers finance